Congratulations to the Class of 2021 as they receive their HSC results!
After another challenging year, our boys have achieved an outstanding set of results across a wide range of courses, while maintaining a healthy academic and co-curricular balance.
Well done to all our HSC students who through resilience, dedication and countless hours of hard work achieved their best in 2021.
A comprehensive summary of results will be uploaded to the Publications page soon. In the meantime, we are proud to share with you the following highlights.
- Top ATAR: Max Ma with a perfect 99.95
- Kevin Wang (Year 11, 2021 accelerant student) “First in Course” for Mathematics Advanced.
- Distinguished Achievers: 117 boys gained at least one Band 6 Result and were named on the State Distinguished Achievers List, for students who achieved a result in the highest Band (Band 6 or Band E4) in one or more courses.
- 17 boys were named in the All Rounders list for achieving a Band 6 or equivalent in 10 or more units.
- 10 boys were named in the State ranking Top Achievers list for the eight subjects of Agriculture, English Advanced, English as Additional Language/Dialect (EAL/D), Legal Studies, Mathematics Advanced, Mathematics Extension 1, Modern History, and Music 1.
- English Extension 1 had 67% of students in the highest Band (E4), which is the best result in the subject in over 10 years.
- 42 English Advanced students achieved a Band 6 result (29%), and 89% of all Advanced English Students achieved results in the top two bands.
- All students studying English EAL/D achieved a result in the top two bands, with 50% of students attaining a Band 6 result.
- This year’s class achieved the best Music 1 results on record at King’s, with 60% of students gaining a Band 6 and 100% receiving a mark in the top two bands.
- 100% of students attained a Band 6 for Music 2 with 100% of students in Music Extension also attaining a Band 6.
- 41 Band 6 results for the Extension 1 and Extension 2 Mathematics courses.
- 67% of students studying Chinese in Context achieved a Band 6 mark.
- 80% of students studying German Extension attained the highest Band (E4) mark.
- 100% of all students in the following courses attained a mark in the top two bands: English EAL/D, English Extension 1, English Extension 2, Music 1, Music 2, Music Extension, Studies of Religion 1, German Extension, Chinese Continuers, Chinese in Context.
- The following courses had a high percentage of students in the top two bands: Mathematics X2 (96%), Visual Arts (89%), German Continuers (83%), Economics (81%), Legal Studies (81%), Agriculture (74%), Ancient History (71%) students in top two bands score a Band 5 or 6.
- Chinese in Context (67%), SOR1 (67%), Music 1 (60%), English Extension 1 (67%), EAL/D (50%) produced their highest total number of Band 6 results on record.
We congratulate every member of the Class of 2021 on their achievements and thank their teachers for their dedication to the boys across this very challenging year. We also extend our appreciation to the families of the Class of 2021 for supporting their sons throughout their journey at King’s.