Dear King’s Community,
Congratulations to the Class of 2022 who received news of their HSC results today.
I am pleased to share that we have seen exceptional results and some of the best on record for The King’s School.
The 2022 cohort has been extremely diligent in their efforts, staying focused on their studies, without deflecting from their co-curricular involvement across the School. They should be incredibly proud.
A comprehensive summary of results will be issued early next week. Today, we are delighted to share the following highlights with you:
- Top ATAR: Kevin Wang and Rohan Srivastava with a perfect score of 99.95.
- Kevin Wang: 1st in the state for Chemistry, Mathematics Ext 2, and Mathematics Advanced (2021).
- Ajeshwar Virk: 1st in the state for Punjabi (studied externally at the Secondary College of Languages).
- 17 State rankings achieved by 12 students over 15 subjects.
- 22 All-Rounders scoring an ATAR of 90 or above.
- 151 boys out of 238 (63%) gained at least 1 band 6 result.
- 384 Band 6 Results.
- Robert Napoli (‘22 School Captain) achieved 6th in the state for PDHPE, 9th for Agriculture, and 11th for Biology; an outstanding achievement whilst leading the School.
- Best results on record for the English Department:
- 90% of English Advanced students achieved a result in the top 2 bands.
- 43% (62) of students achieving a Band 6 in English Advanced – the best in the School’s history.
- 85% (17) of English Extension 1 students received an E4 – the best in the School’s history.
- English Extension 2 student, Hugh Robinson (’22 Vice Captain) achieved an E4.
- All students in the following subjects achieved a result in the top two bands: Music 1, Music 2, Music Extension, Visual Arts, Chinese in Context, Chinese Extension, German Extension, English EAL/D, English Extension 1 and 2.
- Business Studies achieved the most Band 6s (26) on record.
- Economics attained outstanding results for the third year running, with 32% of students achieving a Band 6.
- 72% (13/18) of Drama students achieved a Band 6 result.
- Chinese in Context achieved the most Band 6s on record (87.5%).
- Biology achieved the highest number of Band 6s (11) in the last five years.
- Software Design and Development achieved the highest number of Band 6s on record (8).
- The following subjects achieved more than 1 standard deviation above the state mean: English EAL/D, English Extension 2, Drama, Industrial Technology, and Visual Arts.
Congratulations to every student from the Class of 2022, and well done to all the staff who have helped the boys produce these results. You can find further details in our HSC Academic Results & Success Stories 2022, which can be found here.
I also extend my appreciation to the families of the Class of 2022 for supporting their sons throughout their journey at King’s.
With my warmest best wishes,
Mr Tony George
The King’s School