What makes a good school great?
One of the most precious gifts a parent can give their son is a good education. This is particularly true of Primary education. A boy's first few years at school are foundational years on which the rest of his education will rest.
At The King's School, we place our boys on a trajectory of success. Our academic results at primary level are well above the national average and our class sizes are smaller.
Kindergarten at King's is a place of magic. Set in beautiful gardens, boys are able to learn in an environment that is ideal for a boy. There is space, there is adventure and there is permission to be a boy.
- Your son needs to have turned five by 31 March, in the entry year.
- There are two classes in Kindergarten.
- There are about 20 boys per class
- Kindergarten boys may arrive after 7.45am for an 8.25am start. School finishes at 2.50pm and boys can stay for play until 4.00pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.
- After school care is available from 4.00pm onwards (3.00pm on Thursday) on a user-pays basis.
- There is a smart school uniform. Most items can be purchased at the Braeside Shop in the Senior School (9683 8463 or email@example.com).
- The application form can be downloaded online, please click here.
- Prospectus and application forms for the Senior School and Prep School are also available from the Registrar's office (9683 8423).
- In the year prior to school entry, families will be invited for an interview and the applicant given a readiness assessment.
- About 40 places are offered to Kindergarten boys. Characteristically, there are more applications than places available. The School usually begins the process of confirming a place in the preceding year.
- School tours are available, as is the opportunity to meet the Head of the Preparatory School, Mr Peter Allison, and the Director of Students, Mrs Belinda Baxter. To book the School tour please click here.