2019 HSC Results
Congratulations to the Class of 2019 who have achieved excellent results.
This year, 183 Kingsmen sat examinations for the NSW Higher School Certificate. The King’s community is extremely proud of the achievements of these young men, across a wide range of courses with the highlights being:
- Joshua Han 99.95
TOP ACHIEVERS (state ranking)
- Paul Lapinski (3rd in 2 Unit Chinese Continuers)
- Jeongwoo Kim (4th in 2 Unit Korean and Literature)
- Joshua Han (8th in 2 Unit Chemistry)
- Donghyeon Lee (13th in 2 Unit Mathematics)
ALL ROUNDERS (Scoring 90 marks or above in 10 or more units in the HSC)
Joshua Han, Harrison Keen, Kah Tim Ho, William Konstandinidis and Kenuka Wijayatunga
Collaboratively, our young men and teaching staff have worked with focus and diligence to achieve these excellent academic results:
- More than 30% of the cohort walked into the examinations having already received a University early entry offer.
- 1/3 of the cohort achieved all of their results as a Band 5 or Band 6.
- 79% of Drama, 70% of Chinese Continuers and 68% of Visual Arts students achieved a Band 6 result.
- Agriculture, Chinese Continuers and Visual Arts achieved a record number of Band 6 results.
- 114 students were named as Distinguished Achievers, having achieved a mark of 90 or above in at least 1 subject.
- All students of English Extension 1, English Extension 2, Drama, History Extension, Legal Studies, Music 2, Music Extension, Software Design and Development, French Extension, German Continuers, Modern Greek Beginners, Japanese Beginners, Korean and Literature achieved either a Band 5 or a Band 6 result.
- The Languages Department has achieved State Rankings for each of the last four consecutive years.
- All Year 11 accelerated students received Band 6 results with Jun Yin (Dux of Year 11) and Alexander Lin achieving a perfect score in Mathematics.
- The School has received 43 nominations - a record number - for subjects with practical components for possible inclusion in displays or performance next year: Design and Technology (1), Drama Group (11), Drama Individual (7), Industrial Technology (9), Music (2) and Visual Arts (13).
- In addition to the outstanding practical work nominations, 7 students' work have been selected for display at ArtExpress (6) and SHAPE (1).
- The School ranked 62nd on the State Rankings list.
The mark of a Kingsman is a young man who has applied himself to all the academic and co-curricular opportunities available at King’s, enabling him to graduate ready to contribute broadly to society and make a difference.
At King’s, we will continue to focus on creating leaders.
On behalf of the School community, we wish our Year 12 Kingsmen the very best for their future endeavours and we look forward to hearing about their successes in the coming year
The King’s School