Should parents wish to arrange insurances in the event of the death or total and permanent disablement of the principal fee payer they could contact the following insurance adviser:

Aon Insurances
Jeff WhittonTelephone 9683 0939
Ivan BakinTelephone 9683 0906

The School Council does not endorse this firm nor its products and merely provides you with this information to assist you to obtain relevant information to enable you to make an informed decision in such matters. This is not the only source of advice that you can utilise and you should also speak to your usual insurance adviser.

Sickness, Property and Personal Effects – Parent/Student

The School has no scheme for these forms of insurance to benefit parents or students. The Council considers that it is the responsibility of parents to arrange medical and property cover if such is required. Insurance companies or brokers can generally advise on the most appropriate way to arrange the cover required. Some private health insurance funds offer limited cover for school injuries costs.

It is recommended strongly that valuable items such as musical instruments or computers carry suitable insurance cover.

Injury – Student Accident

The School Council has in place accident insurance coverage for all students at no separate cost to parents which provides significant compensation in the case of major injury. Upon reviewing the attached, should parents believe additional cover is needed they should contact their personal insurance advisor.

Full details of the cover are attached. The level of cover is for 24 hours, 7 days per week, 52 weeks per year on all enrolled full-time students up to but not including age 19 years, and covers all non-school activities. The cover is not accumulative and coverage is worldwide. All enrolled students are covered under the policy.

The cost has been built into the School’s budget and no separate charge will be made to parents.

I am sure that parents will appreciate the level of cover obtained at a very modest cost including cover for non-school activities.

The following schedule shows the events covered under the policy and the procedures you should follow if you think you have a claim under the policy.

Procedures to follow if you think there is a possible claim
  1. Report details of the accident as soon as possible to your son’s sports coach or Housemaster to enable a full report to be made to the Bursar’s Office. A claim form will then be sent to you.
  2. Pay all medical bills and ambulance bills (if incurred).
  3. Make claim on Medicare (if applicable).

    The School Accident Insurance includes coverage for Non-Medicare Medical Expenses The level of cover is for 24 hours, 7 days per week, 52 weeks per year on all enrolled full-time students up to but not including 19 years, and covers all non-school activities. Any portion of any expense for which a Medicare benefit is paid or payable including the balance of monies due or payable by the Insured Person after deduction of any Medicare benefit or rebate from the actual expense incurred (commonly known as the “Medicare Gap”) is unable to be reimbursed under this insurance.

    All claimable Non-Medicare Medical Expenses need to be for treatment, certified necessary by a legally qualified medical practitioner, to a registered Private Hospital, physiotherapist, chiropractor, osteopath, nurse or similar provider of medical services excluding the cost of dental treatment unless such treatment is necessarily incurred to sound and natural teeth, excluding dentures, and is caused by injury.

  4. Make claim on Private Health Insurance (if applicable).
  5. Review coverage under Student Accident Plan to establish that benefits will be payable.
  6. Complete Student Accident Report form supplied by the Bursar’s Office.
  7. For certain accidents, eg involving hospitalisation, or where no documentation exists from your Doctor confirming the nature of your injury, the Attending Physicians Statement should be completed.
  8. Send all documentation to the Bursar’s Office and have co-signed by School official:

    The Bursar
    The King’s School
    PO Box 1
    Parramatta NSW 2124

  9. For claim enquiries please contact Mr Andrew Leahy of Aon Risk Services Australia Ltd, (PO Box 1331, Parramatta NSW 2124) on telephone (02) 8623 4026.