Boarding at The King's School
Reasons for boarding at King's
Boarding remains popular at King's for several reasons. These include:
- Extra academic help available from tutors and being able to access the School's learning resources after school.
- Avoiding the time having to be spent travelling to and from school and being able to use this time more productively.
- The security and pastoral care given to boarders who are supervised in an environment where routines are established, and where they are supportive and enriching.
- The capacity of boarders to develop great friendships and insights into those who might be from different backgrounds and cultures.
- The influence of great role models and being able to learn the skills associated with living in a community.
- The capacity of boarding to develop personal qualities such as independence, resilience and a respect for the rights of others.
Boarding at King's is a happy experience and parents are welcome to visit their son when they can. Being a national leader in boarding, King's is able to draw upon its expertise in order to provide a boarding experience that is happy and fulfilling.