Senior School curriculum
Students will commence courses of study in each of the Key Learning Areas in Stage 5. It is a year during which students not only develop knowledge and understanding in the content of each course undertaken, but also the skills required to measure each student's achievement based on the syllabus outcomes. Scholars' classes will continue to be offered in the core subjects of English, Mathematics and Science. These classes will extend and enrich boys in areas of their talent and/or their gifts, and students placed in each class will be reviewed on a regular basis.
Subjects for Year 9 are:
- Mathematics (Levels 3, 2 & 1)
- Personal Development Health and Physical Education
- Biblical Studies (The King's School requirement)
Classes in English, History, Geography, PDHPE and Biblical Studies may be linked.
Three electives must be chosen from:
- Agricultural Technology
- Design & Technology
- Geography Elective
- Graphics Technology
- History Elective
- Industrial Technology Engineering
- Industrial Technology Metal
- Industrial Technology Timber
- Information Software & Technology
- Language Arts
- Physical Activity and Sports Studies
- Visual Arts
General Guidelines when selecting Electives:
- All elective courses are usually undertaken for two years (Years 9 and 10).
- Students undertaking Language course(s) would usually have studied the Language in Year 8.
- Class organisation in Years 9-10 may be different from Years 7-8.
- Students may choose to select Language Arts as one of their elective subjects. Parents should contact the Coordinator of the Education Support Services Department if they wish to enrol or re-enrol their son in this program.
- Students may enrol in a language, other than those offered at King's, at Open High School, after consultation with the Head of Languages.