Senior School curriculum
Students will continue courses of study in each of the Key Learning Areas in Stage 5. Scholars' classes will continue to be offered in the core subjects of English, Mathematics and Science. These classes will extend and enrich boys in areas of their talent and/or their gifts, and students placed in each class will be reviewed on a regular basis. As well, the Boys to Men Program is incorporated into the curriculum, providing necessary life skills.
Subjects for Year 10 are:
- Mathematics (Levels 3, 2 & 1)
- Personal Development Health and Physical Education
- Biblical Studies (The King's School requirement)
Classes in English, History, Geography, PDHPE and Biblical Studies may be linked.
Three electives must be chosen from:
- Agricultural Technology
- Design & Technology
- Geography Elective
- Graphics Technology
- History Elective
- Industrial Technology Engineering
- Industrial Technology Metal
- Industrial Technology Timber
- Information Software & Technology
- Language Arts
- Physical Activity and Sports Studies
- Visual Arts
General Guidelines when selecting Electives:
- All elective courses are usually undertaken for two years (Years 9 and 10).
- Students undertaking Language course(s) would usually have studied the Language in Years 8 and 9.
- Class organisation in Years 9-10 may be different from Years 7-8.
- Students may choose to select Language Arts as one of their elective subjects. Parents should contact the Coordinator of the Education Support Services Department if they wish to enrol or re-enrol their son in this program.
- Students may enrol in a language, other than those offered at King's, at Open High School, after consultation with the Head of Languages.