The School employs up to eight GAP Assistants each year for one full year, commencing in July (start of Term 3) and ending in June (end of Term 2). GAP Assistants may be placed in the Secondary School, or the Preparatory School on the main Campus at North Parramatta, or at Tudor House Preparatory School in the Southern Highlands of NSW.
- Applications for the 2017/18 cycle are now closed and positions have been filled.
- Applications for the 2018/19 cycle should reach the GAP Coordinator, Mr Connor Barrett, by November 2017.
- Applicants should upload a full CV including two references (at least one of which must be from their current school or tertiary institution) via the The King's School Careers Page.
Because of current visa restrictions in Australia, positions are available only to students who have just completed secondary schooling. If you are completing or have just completed a university degree then unfortunately we will not be able to accept your application due to Visa requirements.
Being a GAP Assistant at The King's School brings many opportunities to grow and develop personally and to aid in the growth and development of our boys.
More specifically, GAP Assistants are expected to:
- Provide assistance to the PDHPE and Educational Support Services Departments and elsewhere as needed, as well as the outdoor education program
- Coach and assist with sporting teams under the instruction of the Director of Sport
- Assist the Year 7 Gowan Brae Housemaster and residential staff with boarding duties
- Attend excursions, school camps, dances or other such activities
- Support the ethos of a Christian independent boys' school and the mission of King's
- Exhibit pastoral skills and be able to guide and direct students in both academic and non-academic life
- Fulfill administrative duties and provide general assistance around the School
The School provides accommodation, with individual bedrooms. Meals are provided during Term time. An expense allowance is paid throughout the year. King's has a long record of providing GAP Assistants with an exciting post-school year in one of Australia's best resourced schools.